Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Better Blog Name "STYLE VOYAGE"


I have officially given this fashion blog a new more catchy, friendly and straightforward name "STYLE VOYAGE" (Blog url:www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com) replacing (www.discordantharmonybyb.blogspot.com)

"Style Voyage" is best described my fashion journey. 
I have been blogging for a year now, and I always wanted to change my blog name as I knew  that "Discordant Harmony" is a long complicated names and yes it's hard to remember. When i first decided to create a fashion blog, my British friend and I were coming up with several blog names and I ended up using Discordant Harmony purely because I like the way it sounds without considering other aspects of what the blog name should be. I knew from the start that one day I would have to change my blog name. But I didn't really have time to do so as I was kinda busy with my life and  paying most of my attention on creating a blog post rather than worrying about my blog title. Soon after, I began blogging for a while, I realized that blog name is actually something super important!! When I tell people my blog and url name no one can remember! Many of them were saying Discordant Harmony was a long name an d difficult for people to remember. 

Nonetheless, changing a blog name is a big deal since I can only do it once! Besides, I have to change the name and url of every social networking channels related to my fashion blog. I have to say it's a really tough job!  

Recently, I've felt like it's finally the right time for me to give my blog a new name. This time around I wanted it to be perfect. So I was seeking my friend's opinion on what they think would be a new perfect name for my blog, out of several simple and catchy names I've came up with including Style Voyage, Avenue of Style, Into the Style, The Style Memo,and Style Recipe. STYLE VOYAGE was unanimous decision. For the blog URL I've added B (FYI:B is my name) in front of Style Voyage. "www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com"

Just so you know everything in this blog is still the same, except a better blog name and url! I hope you would continue to read and support my blog!

What do you guys think about about my new blog name? I would love to hear your thoughts


ในที่สุดบีก็ได้ทำการเปลี่ยนชื่อบล็อกเป็นที่เรียบร้อยแล้ว ชื่อใหม่ของแฟชั่นบล็อกบีก็คือ "STYLE VOYAGE" (www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com) ชื่อ STYLE VOYAGE สื่อถึง การเดินทางท่องโลกไปบนสายแฟชั่น ซึ่งทำให้บีกล้าที่จะเรียนรู้อะไรใหม่ๆ ลองผิดลองถูกกับการแต่งตัวหลากหลายสไตล์ในแบบของตัวเอง รวมถึงการค้นหาแรงบันดาลใจในการเขียนบล็อกจากสิ่งที่น่าสนใจและได้พบเห็นระหว่างการเดินทาง

หลายคนอาจอยากทราบที่มาในการเปลี่ยนชื่อบล็อกแฟชั่นของบี ต้องบอกก่อนว่าบีเริ่มเขียนบล็อกมาได้ 1 ปีแล้ว ตอนที่คิดจะทำบล็อกขึ้นมาครั้งแรก รู้ว่าชื่อบล็อกเป็นสิ่งสำคัญ แต่บีไม่ได้ใส่จะอะไรมาก เลยเอาชื่อที่ช่วยกันตั้งเล่นๆ กับเพื่อนตอนอยู่อังกฤษมาใช้ซ่ะเลย เอาแต่ตั้งหน้าตั้งตาเขียนบล็อกไปเรื่อยๆ จนกระทั้งเริ่มรู้สึกว่า ชื่อบล็อกเก่ามันไม่ค่อยมีใครจำได้เลย หลายคนบอกบีว่าบล็อกดีน่ะ แต่ชื่อ www.discordantharmonybyb.blogspot.com มันแบบว่ายาวเกินไปแล้วก็เป็นคำที่เข้าใจยากอีกด้วย

ซึ่งในใจก็รู้สึกมาตั้งแต่แรกแล้วว่ามันเป็นชื่อที่ยากต่อการจำ แต่ก็อย่างที่บอกว่า ณ ตอนนั้นบีใจจดจ่ออยู่ที่การสร้างเนื้อหาบล็อกอย่างเดียวเท่านั้น ไม่แคร์ชื่อสักเท่าไหร่ แล้วก็ยังชิวไม่เปลี่ยนสักที เพราะว่าการเปลี่ยนชื่อบล็อกก็ถือเป็นเรื่องใหญ่มันไม่ใช่ว่าเปลี่ยนชื่อบล็อกอย่างเดียวแล้วจบ ต้องเปลี่ยน Social network ทุกช่องทางที่ลิ้งค์กับบล็อกเราอีก พูดเลยว่าเหนื่อยมาก!!

จนกระทั้งเดือนที่ผ่านมา เริ่มรู้สึกว่าคงถึงเวลาที่จะเปลี่ยนชื่อบล็อกขึ้นมาจริงๆ สักที แต่บีเองก็ไม่อยากรีบคิดแล้วเปลี่ยน เพราะมันเปลี่ยนได้แค่ครั้งเดียว บีก็เลยคิดและก็รวบรวมชื่อบล็อกไปเรื่อยๆ ซึ่งอยากให้เป็นคำสั่นๆ จำง่าย และชื่อที่บีได้รวบรวมมาในช่วงเวลาเกือบเดือนมีดังนี้ Style voyage, Avenue Of Stye, The Style Memo, Style Recipe, Into The Style และอื่นๆ พอได้ชื่อมาเยอะพอสมควรก็เลยเอาไปถามความเห็นเพื่อนๆ ว่าชื่อไหนที่น่าจะเหมาะเป็นชื่อใหม่ของบล็อกบีมากที่สุด คำตอบที่ได้ก็คือ "STYLE VOYAGE" แต่ชื่อบล็อกurl บีเติมตัวอักษร b เข้าไปข้างหน้า style voyage เพราะว่าอยากให้มีชื่อตัวเองเข้าไปแทรกอยู่ด้วย ;)

 ตอนนี้สิ่งเดียวที่แก้ไขไม่ได้ ก็คือชื่อ เพจบล็อกบนเฟซบุ๊ค เมื่อวานพยายามเปลี่ยนอยู่นาน แล้วก็เลือบไปเห็นว่า ถ้าหากมีคนกดไลค์เพจมากกว่า 200 ห้ามเปลี่ยนชื่อ!!! แต่เปลี่ยนชื่อ URL ได้ เล่นทำเรางงไปเลย โดยส่วนตัวรู้สึกไม่เห็นด้วยกับกฎเกณฑ์นี้เป็นอย่างยิ่งค่ะ อย่างน้อยก็น่าจะให้เปลี่ยนสักครั้งนึง :(  เพราะฉะนั้นชื่อ Facebook blog url ได้เปลี่ยนเป็น "www.facebook/bstylevoyage" แล้ว แต่ชื่อ Facebook blog page ยังคงเป็น Discordant Harmony อยู่น่ะค่ะ

รับรองว่าทุกอย่างยังเหมือนเดิม เปลี่ยนแค่ชื่อบล็อกและ URL ให้จำง่ายขึ้นเท่านั้นเอง ยังไงก็ขอให้เพื่อนๆ ช่วยติดตามและเป็นกำลังใจให้กับแฟชั่นบล็อกของบีต่อไปด้วยนะค่ะ!! คิดยังไงกับชื่อใหม่ของบล็อกบี ชอบกันรึปล่าวค่ะ คอมเม้นท์ความคิดเห็นกันเข้ามาได้เลยคะ ไม่ต้องอาย :) 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7868413/?claim=fs7kf6c2j8c">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
xx
B' Style Voyage

2 comments:

  1. well, this is awkward. My name is Deidra and I am the blogger at mystylevoyage.blogspot.com. Every now and then i like to google search my blog to see what my readers see and today I found this. The same name and them as my blog. Strange, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing photo!

    Xxx Cécile
    http://sapetoibien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete